From: Joel de Guzman (djowel_at_[hidden])
Date: 2024-07-18 02:41:24

On 7/18/24 10:11 AM, René Ferdinand Rivera Morell wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 17, 2024 at 9:07 PM Joel de Guzman <djowel_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>> I am confused. The winning logo is the beehive design by Zoltan Juhasz
>>
>> https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Boost.png
>>
>> I should know, I tallied the votes.
>>
>> I have no idea what that design you attached is.
> What I attached is from the webarchive mirror of the logo contest web
> page.. <https://web.archive.org/web/20050718000048/http://www.boost.org/more/logo_contest.htm>.
> Which clearly shows the winning logo.

OK. Now my memory has been refreshed. Zoltan Juhasz (the winner) was asked to design the
beehive logo
and indeed it was discussed privately by the Boost Moderators and me CC'd in the
discussions. Thanks for
clearing that up.

FWIW, the active participants in the discussion were Beman Dawes, Dave Abrahams, Jeff
Garland, John
Maddock, me and the contest winner, Zoltan Juhasz who iterated over a few designs.

Regards,

--
Joel de Guzman
Cycfi Research, Inc.