From: Vinnie Falco (vinnie.falco_at_[hidden])
Date: 2024-07-19 17:57:45

On Fri, Jul 19, 2024 at 3:18 AM John Maddock via Boost <
boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> If we're doing a review then for efficiencies sake, we should review
> website and logo as one (but with the understanding that it's not an
> "all or nothing" decision).

A review of the website is possible, although I do like the current model
where stakeholders provide a steady supply of valid reasons why the site is
not ready to go live. Those reasons can be seen in the open issues of the
website-v2 and website-v2-docs repositories in boostorg. A review which
does not reject the website will likely be conditional acceptance based on
some criteria which will unsurprisingly resemble said list of open issues.
We still have a few issues that in my opinion are holding back the site. I
just noticed that we are not correctly tracking the "in progress release
notes" so this would be a blocker as we are currently in the middle of a
release cycle.

The Alliance is providing the team which includes front-end designers and
developers, a back-end developer, and a technical documentation writer.
Stakeholders (i.e. mailing list participants) can just open an issue and it
will go into the work pipeline. The nature of our proposed website
contribution is a process with ongoing support and community involvement,
as there are many more years of development ahead of us.

To ensure that stakeholders can find what they need and get involved in the
development workflow I have created two issue labels:

"Appearance?" is a label applied to any issue which needs additional
information to resolve an aesthetic issue. A made-up example might be "do
we want sharp corners or rounded corners for the box containing the
download hash?" Anyone interested in providing their thoughts on questions
of appearance can view all open issues and then participate:

https://github.com/boostorg/website-v2/issues?q=is%3Aissue+is%3Aopen+label%3AAppearance%3F

"Functionality?" is the label applied to any issue which needs additional
information to determine how something should work, especially if it is a
feature which duplicates functionality from the old website. People with
opinions or desires of changes can browse the open issues and weigh in:

https://github.com/boostorg/website-v2/issues?q=is%3Aissue+is%3Aopen+label%3AFunctionality%3F

For the aforementioned review, I would prefer a focus on only the logo and
policy, and it would be nice if it was timely as I would like to use this
for CppCon 2024. T-shirts and brochures must be designed and constructed
then delivered to the conference storage ahead of time. Here's a teaser:

[image: Boost-T-Shrt.jpg]

Thanks

Boost-T-Shrt.jpg