From: Vinnie Falco (vinnie.falco_at_[hidden])
Date: 2024-08-06 12:13:29

On Tue, Aug 6, 2024 at 3:23 AM Andrey Semashev via Boost <
boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> How would the situation with Boost Software Commons be different from
> the current state with Boost Foundation?

The Boost Software Commons will have these differences:

* Focused only on Boost
* Board mostly of active authors
* Secure source of funding

Foundation income comes from the conference and can go away from Boost.
Commons is funded by Alliance and goes only to Boost.

Foundation is always seeking to reduce Boost expenses.
Commons can afford better things; cost-cutting is nice but not required.

Securing the Commons' funding in the long term might be done through some
kind of non-profit trust with an endowment, whose trustee is a law firm
with written instructions. I'm researching this as a way to give the source
of funding longevity.

Thanks