From: Christian Mazakas (christian.mazakas_at_[hidden])
Date: 2024-09-06 15:04:27

Disclaimer: Alliance employee

Hi, I'm a little confused at what the Boost Foundation put forth.

The opening review email states:
> To be clear, the review is not about deciding governance over Boost
> C++ library development. That remains in the hands of the Boost
> developer community.

But TBF's proposal seems entirely to be governance-related.

In terms of asset stewardship, it's kind of a no-brainer to choose the
organization that _didn't_ almost lose the boost.org domain name. Plus, the
Alliance has Sam Darwin and he's infallible.

But to the Boost Foundation's credit, I found myself agreeing with a lot of
the points being mentioned. Boost _should_ consider introducing a formal
CoC. Boost _should_ officially migrate to CMake and being direct here: this
does mean completely abandoning b2.

We need to revitalize Boost with the youth culture and to the youth, these
things matter quite a bit.

- Christian