From: Christian Mazakas (christian.mazakas_at_[hidden])
Date: 2024-09-06 17:11:42

On Fri, Sep 6, 2024 at 9:42 AM Andrey Semashev via Boost <
boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> If CoC and inclusivity is what matters most to those who you refer to as
> "youth" then I would prefer those people to be *not* part of Boost. Let
> them convene in their SJW parties somewhere else, please.

You say that but no offense, this isn't about what you think. This is about
what other people think.

And a good amount of the young developers I chat with on various discords
say that an open-source project having a CoC is a determining factor if
they're going to invest into making a contribution.

You have to understand that contributors invest their own time into a
project and to Sankel's point, we should want volunteer contributions in
addition to paid ones.

Some day, the old guard will come to pass and who will be left standing? If
the youth say that a CoC is important then it's important.

All we have to do is take our existing tacit Boost etiquette and put it
into a written document called code-of-conduct.txt.

- Christian