From: Vinnie Falco (vinnie.falco_at_[hidden])
Date: 2024-09-06 18:04:24

On Fri, Sep 6, 2024 at 10:35 AM Andrey Semashev via Boost
<boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> > All we have to do is take our existing tacit Boost etiquette and put it
> > into a written document called code-of-conduct.txt.
>
> No, I'm opposed. CoC is a bad idea

I do think we could offer a better onboarding experience for new
mailing list participants. There isn't a code of conduct per-se but
there are a set of informal rules, for example to avoid top-posting.
And I think we can do a better job of preparing people for the kind of
critiques that happen on the mailing list. This could be as easy as
refactoring the mailing list signup page to look nice, be modern, and
also have a few friendly paragraphs explaining the culture. In
particular, review announcements could have a link to the pages which
offer guidance for new people who are participating in reviews, so
they know what to expect and what is expected of them.

While it is true that people should in theory thoroughly read the
information on the website before signing up and posting messages, we
could present the information in better ways. Of course some will
still not read it but that's not our problem to solve.

Thanks