From: Ion Gaztañaga (igaztanaga_at_[hidden])
Date: 2024-09-08 20:58:36

El 08/09/2024 a las 21:51, Andrzej Krzemienski via Boost escribió:
> I admit I initially thought you were making this up, so I went and checked.
> And this statement is really there:
> https://github.com/beman-project/beman/blob/main/docs/CODE_OF_CONDUCT.md

Note that in this case is not only about "crime" or "harassment" but
also "speech":

"In rare cases, violations of this code *outside of these spaces* may
affect, and be detrimental to, a person’s ability to participate within
these spaces. Important examples include, but are not limited to, sexual
and gender-based violence and/or harassment, hate crimes, and *hate
speech*."

That's why I said in my review that it's very controversial and risky
and I don't think this will attract more developers. In comparison,
Boost Discussion Policy (https://www.boost.org/community/policy.html)
has served us well all these years. The first draft was written by Beman
Dawes:

https://lists.boost.org/Archives/boost/2000/12/7766.php

Best,

Ion