From: Zach Laine (whatwasthataddress_at_[hidden])
Date: 2024-09-11 19:53:29

On Wed, Sep 11, 2024 at 2:41 PM Vladimir Prus <vladimir.prus_at_[hidden]> wrote:

>> > So the email about cutting ties with the C++ Alliance, which started all
>> > this, was just non-binding minority report?
>>
>> I don't get it. Isn't this the thing the developers are voting on
>> right now? How is the Board imposing a change on the developers?
>

> The original email had no proposal of a vote. Nor did it sound like a recommendation.

Right. But again, where was the impact on the Boost developers? I,
as a Boost developer was not expected to, nor asked to, do anything
differently from what I had done before. This vote was all about the
Board not wanting to deal with the Alliance. We think that there
would be an adverse impact on the Bosot developers, and think, "screw
the developers!" If we expected our decision to adversely affect
Boost development, we would have made a different one.

Zach