From: Joaquín M López Muñoz (joaquinlopezmunoz_at_[hidden])
Date: 2024-09-11 19:59:56

> No dia 11 de set. de 2024, às 21:53, Zach Laine via Boost <boost_at_[hidden]> escreveu:
>
> Right. But again, where was the impact on the Boost developers? I,
> as a Boost developer was not expected to, nor asked to, do anything
> differently from what I had done before. This vote was all about the
> Board not wanting to deal with the Alliance. We think that there
> would be an adverse impact on the Bosot developers, and think, "screw
> the developers!" If we expected our decision to adversely affect
> Boost development, we would have made a different one.

I understood at the time that cutting ties with the alliance implied not accepting their funding of some functionalities like downloads, CI etc that certainly impact developers and users. Or maybe the proposal was to let them continue doing that, but without communication from the Boost Foundation?

Joaquin M Lopez Munoz