From: Christian Mazakas (christian.mazakas_at_[hidden])
Date: 2024-09-17 15:22:52

On Mon, Sep 16, 2024 at 10:38 PM Vinnie Falco via Boost <
boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> I love the enthusiasm but Asio has 1,537 dependencies, give or
> take.... we need to set our sights a bit lower :)

To be fair, Niall and I already discussed that it's relatively
straightforward to just reimplement Asio.

Because Safe C++ is a post-C++20 world, it makes more sense to simply just
rewrite Asio and only code it against coroutines.

The universal async model was a cool idea at the time but didn't catch on
like we would've hoped.

I've actually implemented safe networking in Rust, it's easy for me to
implement it in Safe C++ as well.

- Christian