Boost logo

Ublas :

From: Wilfried Holzke (boost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-12-14 15:19:17

Hi,

>>> May I ask what you should use this for?
>>>
>>> Transformations are used for many things, computer games, robotics,
>>> opengl programming and so on.
>> OpenGl and robotics.
>>
>> Why?
>

> Actually I'm doing a ph.d. in robotics (just started). It seems like you
> are going to construct a simulator/framework (or am I wrong)?

Yes and no ;). Currently I want to get some experience with OpenGL. Till
now I wrote my matrix classes and operations by my self and thought
about to make a library from all procedures... but I think this is work
which can be skipped. So I found uBlas, which allows matrix operations
and is compatible with OpenGL. Initializing a matrix for rotation is not
much work, but if there are procedures to do this I could skip this work
too.

btw: The linked page (http://www.robwork.dk) does not work.

regards

 W. Holzke