Boost logo

Boost Interest :

From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-06-16 15:58:23

Troy,

Here is some initial feedback"

* > make a working directory somewhere, check out the source to "src" and
make a directory "build". CD into "build" and execute

This is less than clear. What source? Check out from where? Do the
directories actually have to be named "src" and "build"? If so, why does
your example use other names? Also, your cmake invocation uses the name
"..\Source Directory", but isn't that supposed to be the same as "src"?

It would be clearer if you actually showed all the commands, including the
svn command, that need to be given, and then spelled out which directory
names were required and which could be chosen by the tester.

* The "Configuration testing" section is totally opaque to someone (me!) who
has never used edit_cache. Any why is it called "edit_cache"? It appears to
be configuration settings that are being edited.

Specifically, say that running nmake edit_cache will run a graphical
configuration editor. Maybe show a screen shot.

"enable BOOST_BUILD_SLAVE and BOOST_BUILD_TESTING." How? What buttons do you
click? Are these already present? If not, how do you add an entry? If so,
where are they? All the names I can see begin "BUILD_BOOST_", not
"BOOST_BUILD_".

" Reconfigure." How? Please be pedantic; say "Reconfigure by clicking the
'Configure' button"

That's all for now; I'll try again later.

--Beman