Boost logo

Boost Interest :

From: Doug Gregor (doug.gregor_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-08-06 15:31:47

On Wed, Aug 6, 2008 at 3:29 PM, troy d. straszheim <troy_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> Matthias Schabel wrote:
>>
>> After experiencing non-stop frustration with building boost 1.36 on OS X
>> with bjam/boost.build, I was excited to discover that there has been
>> significant work on porting to CMake. A couple of questions:
>>
>> 1) where are the most current CMake build files located?
>
> $SVN/branches/CMake/release. I'm not sure how long it has
> been since a merge was done from the main branches/release.
>
>> 2) are build options for static vs. dynamic and single vs. multi-threaded
>> implemented?
>
> Yeah, see
>
> http://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/wiki/CMake
>
>> 3) can we build Universal binaries?
>> 4) can we build an OSX Framework?
>
> I believe cmake supports all this. It shouldn't be terribly difficult,
> of course you don't know until you try... :)

CMake can build Universal binaries. Just set the CMake variable
CMAKE_OSX_ARCHITECTURES to a semicolon-separated list of architectures
(e.g., i386;ppc).

We don't currently support building Boost as an OSX framework. That
would be a *great* way for Boost to be built and distributed on Mac OS
X, but we haven't tried doing so yet.

  - Doug