Boost logo

Boost Interest :

From: Doug Gregor (doug.gregor_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-08-06 15:43:26

On Wed, Aug 6, 2008 at 3:40 PM, Mike Jackson <mike.jackson_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> On Aug 6, 2008, at 3:29 PM, troy d. straszheim wrote:
>
>> Anyhow, you might be more interested in the new installer stuff
>> Doug has been putting together:
>>
>> http://www.osl.iu.edu/~dgregor/Boost-CMake/
>>
>> A test run and report back would be appreciated, I'm sure. Hope to hear
>> back from you,
>
> I took a look at the web site and there seems to be a 30K OS X installer..
> which I am guessing does NOT have everything that is needed. Looking into
> the "1.36.0" directory there are lots and lots of downloads.. which I am not
> really prepared to start clicking like made.

The 30K OS X installer is for Leopard or newer; it downloads the Boost
libraries you request on-the-fly, as part of installation. I can build
a monolithic installer as well (which will work on Tiger and newer).

> I know this is a work in progress so I am assuming the installer packages
> for OS X are just still being worked on?

They're in pretty good shape, I think, although we can certainly clean
up the presentation somewhat.

> Also, do you need a tester for OS X? I am running 10.4.11 Intel and would be
> happy to try and setup some sort of script to download and test regularly.

I'll have to leave the testing question to Troy, who is our testing
guru. If you'd like to test out a binary installer for 10.4 (Tiger),
I'd be happy to go build one for you.

  - Doug