Re: [Boost-docs] pdf generation broken on trunk

Subject: Re: [Boost-docs] pdf generation broken on trunk
From: Roland Schwarz (roland.schwarz_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-08-05 12:04:07

Roland Schwarz wrote:
> I tried to build some pdf documentation from trunk.
>
> I.e.
>
> cd BOOST_ROOT/tools/build/v2/doc
>
> bjam pdf
>
> results in:
> [ERROR:] 1
>
> The same does works on RC_1_34_0 without (fatal) error.
>
> I have tracked down the bug to the boostbook xsl stylesheets.
> If one replaces the fo.xsl from trunk with fo.xsl from RC_1_34_0
> pdf generation works as expected.
>
> Since the error is reported by fop I tried to run with -d switch:
> It bombs out somewhere in the hyphenation code with an out of bound
> array access.
>
> fop version used is 0.20.5. (btw. are there any plans to upgrade to the
> current stable?)
>
> I suspect the error has to do with the syntax coloring part.

Some follow up:

When the standalone.fo is put through xmlindent first (thereby making
the lines shorter) the resulting standalone.fo can be processed by fop
without (fatal) errors.

This to me is an indication that fop 0.20.5 simply is (too) broken, and
the question is where to go from here?

Roland aka speedsnail