Re: [Boost-docs] pdf generation broken on trunk

Subject: Re: [Boost-docs] pdf generation broken on trunk
From: Roland Schwarz (roland.schwarz_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-08-05 15:04:35

Paul A Bristow wrote:

> John Maddock concluded this as well and has used for the Math Toolkit docs - 350 pages and counting ;-) and recommended RenderX to
> generate the pdf.

Well another solution is (yes I was succesfull in debugging):

Upgrade to fop 0.93 (which the apache people coin production quality).

Use the parameters:
fop.extension=0
fop1.extension=1

And voila, Boost.Book is able to produce nice syntax colored pdfs.

I'll try to figure out a way to how these parameters can be
conveniently specified, likely as additional parameters to
using boostbook.

This would allow also to set site specific prefernces e.g. paper
size A4 and the like.

Roland aka speedsnail