Re: [Boost-docs] Changes to syntax_highlight.hpp

Subject: Re: [Boost-docs] Changes to syntax_highlight.hpp
From: Andreas Pokorny (andreas.pokorny_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-08-09 14:25:03

Hello,

2007/8/9, Paul A Bristow <pbristow_at_[hidden]>:
> I'd also like to see what you are proposing. I'm pretty estatic about the syntax colors we have now in the math toolkit :-)
>
> I would comment that there are a limited number of colors that can effectively be used because most are not saturated enough (think
> yellow & line green!)
>
> So producing more keyword sub-types may not be so useful as you hope, because one can't have another color for them. But perhaps
> some subtle tone changes, like a red-sh blue and a greener blue can be enough to usefully distinguish keyword subtypes.
>
> the proof of the pudding is in the viewing (both on screen and on paper) (to mix my metaphors ;-)

VIM only has two groups of keywords for most languages. This is just
one more than
quickbook produces. I think this additional color makes the code more readable.
But maybe thats just my eyes, being used to vim.

If you look at:http://tinyurl.com/2feukl
In Vim with morning and evening (click at the Sun and the Moon in the
top right corner of
the block), the return and public keyword would have a different color.

Regards
Andreas Pokorny