Re: [Boost-docs] Changes to syntax_highlight.hpp

Subject: Re: [Boost-docs] Changes to syntax_highlight.hpp
From: Paul A Bristow (pbristow_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-08-09 14:16:44

I'd also like to see what you are proposing. I'm pretty estatic about the syntax colors we have now in the math toolkit :-)

I would comment that there are a limited number of colors that can effectively be used because most are not saturated enough (think
yellow & line green!)

So producing more keyword sub-types may not be so useful as you hope, because one can't have another color for them. But perhaps
some subtle tone changes, like a red-sh blue and a greener blue can be enough to usefully distinguish keyword subtypes.

the proof of the pudding is in the viewing (both on screen and on paper) (to mix my metaphors ;-)

Paul

---
Paul A Bristow
+44 1539561830 & SMS, Mobile +44 7714 330204 & SMS
pbristow_at_[hidden]