Re: [Boost-docs] [SVG Icons] Update to the sub-project

Subject: Re: [Boost-docs] [SVG Icons] Update to the sub-project
From: John Maddock (john_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-08-22 18:00:56

Peter Foley wrote:
> The delay in uploading them to the Sandbox is to do with two points
> about licensing. They are:
> 1. Can I submit the files to the Boost Subversion repository under
> a different license type to the BSL (I sent an email to the Boost
> Moderators list). Yes I know people have stated previously that it is
> ok ... but on this page http://tinyurl.com/2t45gz it implies that
> items submitted to the subversion repository will be licensed under
> the BSL. I personally don't have an issue with this, but since my
> work is a derivative of the Tango project I am unable to re-license
> the files from the CCSA2.5 license.

As far as the moderators are concerned, we have no problem with this: there
was a suggestion that there should be a log somewhere of all the files that
are *not* under the BSL, but no consensus yet on how to achieve this :-(

In the mean time, please do go ahead and commit to the sandbox,

John Maddock.