Re: [Boost-docs] Consistent look-and-feel for non-generated web pages?

Subject: Re: [Boost-docs] Consistent look-and-feel for non-generated web pages?
From: Matias Capeletto (matias.capeletto_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-08-24 13:26:17

On 8/24/07, Beman Dawes <bdawes_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> How should a Boost web page author create a consistent look-and-feel for
> non-generated web pages?

> For 1.35.0 I'm planning to do a pass through a bunch of traditional
> Boost web pages, mostly those in boost-root/more, to update content as
> needed. I'd also like to give the pages the modern Boost look-and-feel,
> navigation, etc. I want to continue to use a WYSIWYG HTML editor. Ditto
> for some of the library documentation I maintain.

This is great Beman, but I do not understand why we should stick to
HTML. Why not to use Quickbook that is easy to hack and maintain?

I would understand it if you do not have the time to learn it, that is
ok. But now we are a lot of devels here and there will be surely
someone willing to translate this documents to Quickbook. Believe me
that you will be able to find your way and modify them later,
Quickbook sources are very clear and simple.

If you allow us, we will be happy to add this as a subproject of IBD.

Thanks a lot
King regards
Matias