Re: [Boost-docs] building non-Boost documentation

Subject: Re: [Boost-docs] building non-Boost documentation
From: peter_at_[hidden]
Date: 2007-09-18 08:28:21

Hi,

I am hardly a Boost.Build expert but I believe I can provide some help for
this issue.

> I have the following project directory structure.
>
> my_doc
> +---project
> | +---example1
> | +---example2
> +---docs

*snip*

> error: Could not find parent for project at '.'
> error: Did not find Jamfile or project-root.jam in any
> parent directory.
>
> I'm missing something fundamental but I have no idea
> what it is.

>From the output from running BJAM I believe that it is complaining because
it cannot find the location of the Boost.Build system files.

If you copy the "project-root.jam" file from the root directory of your
1.34.1 boost tree and modify the path to point to the location that you
took this file from I believe it should fix your issue.

If this doesn't help you might need to ask for help on the Boost Build list.

Peter.