Re: [Boost-docs] function.xml vs boostbook.dtd

Subject: Re: [Boost-docs] function.xml vs boostbook.dtd
From: Daniel James (daniel_james_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-07-22 15:23:18

2008/7/22 Adder <adder.thief_at_[hidden]>:

> After un-commenting lines 27-36 of boostbook.dtd, xsltproc
> successfully processes files that contain xi:include !

You can build the documentation now?

> We still get the error:
>
> function.xml:6: namespace error : Namespace prefix xmlns for xi on library is not defined
> xmlns:xi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XInclude">
>
> but xsltproc can proceed, despite this message. Could it be that the
> element "library" does not support the "xmlns:xi" attribute ?

>From the comment, it looks like Douglas Gregor didn't find the time to
work it out. I don't know if anyone here really understand DTDs. Maybe
we should look into the more recent schema languages, which are meant
to be simpler.

You could probably suppress the error with the '--novalid' flag.
Actually, I wonder if you've previously configured an XML tool to be
'strict'? Maybe an environment variable or something like that?

> Sorry for having "spammed" the list a little bit. :(

There's nothing to apologise for. You didn't get a reply the first time.

> I have unpacked the two xsltproc versions in separate folders; none of
> them is in the PATH. I have xsltproc.bat in the path, redirecting to
> the xsltproc.exe of my choice, which loads the .dll's from its own
> folder.

You shouldn't need to do that - if you set xsltproc's location in your
user-config.jam it doesn't need to be in the path.

Daniel