Re: [Boost-docs] Decoupling documentation builds from releasemanagement

Subject: Re: [Boost-docs] Decoupling documentation builds from releasemanagement
From: John Maddock (john_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-12-11 17:34:59

Beman Dawes wrote:
>>> One thing that we've lost since MetaComm stopped doing this, is the
>>> automatic redirection from the "stub" docs that are in SVN to the
>>> latest generated docs online. So ideally we should have:
>>>
>>> * The latest build hosted somewhere within the boost.org domain so
>>> that we can change doc-testers/builders without disruption to the
>>> SVN HTML redirection code.
>>
>> Hum... Could you be a bit more explicit about that?

Currently if I look at the docs in my SVN Trunk checkout, they try to
redirect to (for example)
http://www.boost.org/regression-logs/cs-win32_metacomm/doc/html/array.html,
but no such URL exists because MetaComm have stopped doing their nightly
build. I'm suggesting we change that URL to redirect to some stable
location within the boost.org domain, which whoever is running the nightly
build can upload to.

>>> * The inspection report for the build available online.
>>
>> The automatically run release inspection report runs after the
>> snapshot upload, in the same directory tree. So it is reporting what
>> would actually go into a release. So if I understand your comment, we
>> are already covered there.

Sure, but that only gets run during the release process, or does it get run
more often? If so then yes we're covered.

John.