Re: [Boost-docs] Decoupling documentation builds from release management

Subject: Re: [Boost-docs] Decoupling documentation builds from release management
From: Daniel James (daniel_james_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-12-11 21:55:26

2008/12/11 John Maddock <john_at_[hidden]>:
> Beman Dawes wrote:
>>>
>>> One way this could work is for Daniel, or someone else intimately
>>> familiar with doc builds, to setup a chron job on their machine that
>>> would update their working copy, do the build, zip up doc/html, and
>>> put it on an ftp site. The snapshot build would download the doc/html
>>> file, unzip it, and copy more recent files into the snapshot. It is
>>> easy to set that up such that if some part of the process fails, the
>>> snapshot simply uses the previous doc/html contents.
>
> Good idea: I'd offer to host the doc build, but I don't have the cpu-cycles
> at present :-(

I can't do it daily at the moment, but I could do it occasionally,
maybe a couple of times a week. I'm going away for Christmas next week
so I won't be able to do much until I get back. If I can get the build
working on OS X I might be able to do it more often (hopefully it
shouldn't be too hard, I think I just haven't set up latex correctly).

Daniel