Re: [Boost-docs] Quickbook hang

Subject: Re: [Boost-docs] Quickbook hang
From: Daniel James (daniel_james_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-09-04 06:45:36

2009/9/4 Jared McIntyre <jmcintyre_at_[hidden]>:
> Having gotten one of my machines building documentation again, I thought I'd
> work on the other. As far as I can tell, they are setup exactly the same
> way, however, on this machine Quickbook hangs (and uses an entire cpu core
> while doing so). It gets as far as creating the xml file, but then it never
> puts any data in it.

I tried building the explore documentation and it worked fine with
quickbook built using trunk and boost 1.40. Are you using an old
executable? I know I've fixed some parser bugs that could cause it to
hang. In your 'user_config.jam' file, what does the 'using quickbook'
instruction say? If it's something like:

    using quickbook : /something/quickbook ;

Try changing it to:

    using quickbook ;

which will cause it to build a new version.

Daniel