Re: [Boost-docs] BoostBook Test Suites

Subject: Re: [Boost-docs] BoostBook Test Suites
From: Paul A. Bristow (pbristow_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-06-09 13:03:11

From: boost-docs-bounces_at_[hidden] [mailto:boost-docs-bounces_at_[hidden]] On Behalf Of Muhammad Rehan Shaukat
Sent: Tuesday, June 08, 2010 12:45 AM
To: boost-docs_at_[hidden]
Cc: Stefan Seefeld
Subject: [Boost-docs] BoostBook Test Suites

Hi,

This is Rehan, working on Google Summer of Code project "BoostBook Integration
<http://wiki.docbook.org/topic/BoostBookIntegration> with DocBook" under the supervision of Stefan Seefeld. The aim of
this project is to migrate BoostBook DTD schema to Relax NG schema that then will be added as an extension to DocBook5.

Currently, we are looking for some test suites (or test documents), already written for BoostBook code base, so that we
can check the backward compatibility of newly generated grammar (in Relax NG format). I checked the BoostBook code base
but could find any relevant information about test suites.

If no test suites are available then please suggest how can we fully assure the backward compatibility of newly
generated grammar. In this case, I think we need to write manual documents/tests for each rule defined in current
BoostBook DTD.

I doubt if this is relevant, but I vaguely recall that even versions later than Docbook 4.2 didn't work for me.

(This was generating from QuickBook - the source of much of the 'big' documentation items in Boost, units, math... And
IMO producing by far the 'nicest' documentation. So being able to regenerate these must be a test of sorts, if very
time-consuming to run and then view. Quickbook docs are also written in Quickbook and explore a good proportion of
features, so this might also be a quicker 'test', and could be used to diff with existing versions output? )

Paul

---
Paul A. Bristow
Prizet Farmhouse