Re: [Boost-docs] BoostBook Test Suites

Subject: Re: [Boost-docs] BoostBook Test Suites
From: Daniel James (dnljms_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-06-09 14:04:22

On 8 June 2010 00:45, Muhammad Rehan Shaukat <rehan.shaukat_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> This is Rehan, working on Google Summer of Code project "BoostBook
> Integration with DocBook" under the supervision of Stefan Seefeld. The aim
> of this project is to migrate BoostBook DTD schema to Relax NG schema that
> then will be added as an extension to DocBook5.

FWIW, I don't think you can do a straight migration, because some
elements have different semantics in boostbook and docbook. In
Boostbook 'methodname' and 'classname' are links to a method or class
respectively (no, they're not in the dtd), but in docbook they're used
to name a method or class. I think you could distinguish the different
uses by their contexts, or maybe namespaces? But if you wish to use
new tag names which are more consistent with docbook, they could be
added to a new version of boostbook for easier transition.

Daniel