Re: [Boost-docs] Getting a draft watermark

Subject: Re: [Boost-docs] Getting a draft watermark
From: Daniel James (dnljms_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-06-16 10:23:45

On 16 June 2011 10:49, Paul A. Bristow <pbristow_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> Any ideas what I am doing wrong?

It's hard to say without seeing the file, maybe it's overwritten by
something else - I think 'background' attributes can override
'background-image' attributes even if they don't specify an image, so
you might have missed that.

The best way to find out is to use your browser's developer tools to
inspect the css applied to the body element - for IE you need to
install the Internet Explorer Developer Toolbar, for Firefox there's
Firebug, Chrome comes with it built in, Safari requires you to set
some property to get the Develop menu (google 'Safari Develop Menu'),
Opera has Dragonfly.

Btw. when setting backgrounds and colours, try it out with a browser
set to have odd background and text colours to make sure it works okay
- a surprising number of sites don't.

Also, for boostbook, different stylesheets should ideally have
different names (i.e. not boostbook.css), I'll help with the docbook
setup if necessary. What we could possibly do is have a different
'boost.defaults' value for draft/sandbox libraries which should make
things easier.