Re: [Boost-docs] [quickbook] Does import work?

Subject: Re: [Boost-docs] [quickbook] Does import work?
From: Rene Rivera (grafikrobot_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-10-16 15:54:44

On 10/16/2011 4:41 AM, Daniel James wrote:
> On Saturday, 15 October 2011, Rene Rivera wrote:
>>

>> Are you saying this only works while inside a code-snippet? We can't do
>> straight out inclusion of quickbook.
>

> I assume you mean inclusion of source files. This is a planned feature for
> 1.6, probably by using the include tag. This is already implemented on the
> quickbook-dev branch, there's a test at:
>
> https://svn.boost.org/svn/boost/branches/quickbook-dev/tools/quickbook/test/include/code-include.quickbook

Looking at that test.. I can't actually tell that it does what I want.
As Steven mentions, look at the example I posted.

> This isn't documented yet, and might change depending on feedback. I haven't
> really discussed the import/include overhaul yet. It's only activated if you
> use the 'quickbook 1.6' version switch.

I guess I can try that dev version to see what the feature does.

>> I ask because the reason I'm going this route is that I don't want to care
>> ahead of time what the files I'm importing actually have in them (because
>> there are many of them and I plan on doing some quickbook changes to let me
>> regex import stuff).
>>

> I'm not sure what you mean there, do you mean use regular expressions for
> syntax highlighting?

No. I mean that I can:

        [import some/path/*.hpp]

And have all those source files imported/included/injected into the
quickbook stream.

> I've got quite a lot of incoming changes that I'm going
> to add to trunk after release, so please don't jump in and do anything too
> radical.

I've already jumped, because I rather have something now since I hate
being blocked. Especially when I have the time for this right now. And I
don't want for this code to languish any longer. As it's already more
than five years old :-( But they aren't big changes.. And I'll keep them
to myself until I find out what you are planning.

--
-- Grafik - Don't Assume Anything