Re: [Boost-docs] [Quickbook] How to control the layout of a table?

Subject: Re: [Boost-docs] [Quickbook] How to control the layout of a table?
From: John Maddock (boost.regex_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-12-07 09:03:13

>> I suspect most of the answers are here:
>> http://www.sagehill.net/docbookxsl/Tables.html
>
> Hum... Interesting... But what's the quickbook syntax for passing
> docbook elements?

You can escape to docbook with '''<element>''' but I wasn't really
suggesting you do that.

> A related question is what is the quickbook syntax for passing html
> elements through? For those of us used to WYSIWYG html editors, having
> to hand encode the details of tables looks like a giant step
> backward:-(

Personally I don't find quickbook tables too troublesome, but then I've
never needed to change the defaults.

My reason for directing you to that page was so that you could see the XSL
params, docbook processing instructions and CSS options that are available
(you'll need to scan the whole chapter - sorry!!), I'm not sure, but I
suspect that the different rendering of the top row is down to our CSS for
example. So it's a case of figuring out specifically what you want to
change, and then looking at the CSS to see if can be fixed there, and if not
whether there's an XSL param for it.

HTH, John.