Re: [Boost-docs] quickbook/boostbook relationship

Subject: Re: [Boost-docs] quickbook/boostbook relationship
From: Daniel James (dnljms_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-03-18 13:29:24

On 9 March 2012 23:05, Robert Ramey <ramey_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> I don't see how one would generate all this with the quickbook syntax.  In
> other
> words it looks like quickbook is "quick" because it skips a lot of the
> boostbook
> elements structure but maintains the formating - which is really quite a
> different
> thing than boostbook.

Quickbook doesn't have any support for writing boostbook reference
documentation, most people write it using doxygen, write it directly
in boostbook, or write it in quickbook. Quickbook does have support
for linking to boostbook reference document (funcref, classref etc.)
so it integrates well with it and isn't just a docbook generation
tool.

AFAIK there's no one has ever expressed any desire for writing
boostbook reference documentation in quickbook, I don't think it'd be
a particularly good match. It might be possible to do something using
escaped boostbook and templates.