Re: [Boost-docs] [quickbook] Request for comments on 1.6 features

Subject: Re: [Boost-docs] [quickbook] Request for comments on 1.6 features
From: Daniel James (daniel_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-06-20 20:42:24

On 18 June 2013 00:00, Richard <legalize+jeeves_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> Discussion of Boost Documentation <boost-docs_at_[hidden]> spake the secret code
> <CAHOE3ycn_tsTM7Hk0xB2W5pO78RPUM=E=Bp_YK5QL9EPPnv6Dg_at_[hidden]> thusly:
>
>>I'm thinking about not including paragraphs in lists, as I wasn't very
>>confident about the implementation (I won't remove any code, just
>>adjust the version switch to 1.7). So if you've already started using
>>it, let me know.
>
> I was just trying to use this in 1.5 and found it broken, so I had to
> change what I was doing. I would like to be able to have it available.

It isn't supported at all in 1.5, it interprets all indented
paragraphs as code blocks which causes odd results. In 1.6 you can use
the explicit element markup:

[article Nested List
[quickbook 1.6]
]

[ordered_list
        [
            Item 1 - paragraph 1

            Item 1 - paragraph 2
        ]
        [
            Item 2 - paragraph 1

            Item 2 - paragraph 2
        ]
]

That works today, there's a warning that 1.6 is still in development,
but they should both be in the final version. I'm going to check '1.6
alpha' into trunk soon after the boost release (i.e. early July) which
will be the basis for 1.6.0.

If you're interested you can see my latest development in a temporary
git repo at:

https://github.com/danieljames/quickbook-tmp/

The quickbook-1.6 branch is going into trunk in July. To build it you
need to set the BOOST_ROOT environment variable.