Re: [Boost-docs] cross-referencing multiple documents with quickbook

Subject: Re: [Boost-docs] cross-referencing multiple documents with quickbook
From: Daniel James (dnljms_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-08-05 21:45:43

On 5 August 2015 at 09:07, Stefan Seefeld <stefan_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> yes, I have been using modular quickbook documents successfully. What I
> haven't been able to do is have each (sub-)document have its own author,
> and have those displayed in the resulting (html, pdf) document. The
> component authors were simply ignored in my case.
>
> Do you have an example of that use-case, i.e. where each part / chapter
> / whatever has a different author, which get translated to boostbook
> such that each boostbook chapter also contains the respective author ?

No, but it should just work as long as you've got the [quickbook 1.6]
tag in the document that's doing the including. In earlier versions of
the quickbook language it mostly ignores document blocks in included
files, and I can't change that without breaking backwards
compatibility.

I suppose the boostbook to html translation might not take it into
account. There's not much I can do about that.

> On a slightly unrelated point: I read in
> http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_58_0/doc/html/quickbook/syntax/structure.html#quickbook.syntax.structure.docinfo
> that possible document types are 'qandaset', 'reference', etc.
> This intrigued me as I was writing a FAQ, so a qandaset seemed
> appropriate (from a DocBook perspective). However, QuickBook doesn't
> seem to have any markup that maps to qandaset elements. (And neither
> reference elements for that matter). Can you give an example on how to
> use qandaset in QuickBook ?

I think you'd have to use escaped docbook. I just copied the list of
document types from the quickbook source.