Re: [Boost-docs] Query regarding boostbook and documentation

Subject: Re: [Boost-docs] Query regarding boostbook and documentation
From: Paul A. Bristow (pbristow_at_[hidden])
Date: 2016-01-06 10:59:33

I violently disagree with this - it not ideal, but the best documentation syntax we have yet.

But I do agree that Doxygen needs to work better for templated classes. Getting it to use Clang
instead of its own parsing is key to this and recent versions are making good progress with this.

What is vital is that there is some way to documentation what each parameter (and template
parameter) does, the constraints, preconditions, postconditions, returns, exceptions, throws (or
not) etc (even examples of use).

This needs to be written as the code is written - or it never will be.

Using the Doxygen *syntax* is one way of doing this and the only way that is remotely 'standard'.
If we want to convert to a C++ Language Concepts syntax, this could be done mechanically later.

Paul

---
Paul A. Bristow
Prizet Farmhouse