Re: [Boost-docs] How to build boost.spirit documentation

Subject: Re: [Boost-docs] How to build boost.spirit documentation
From: Daniel James (dnljms_at_[hidden])
Date: 2016-07-09 08:10:21

On 9 July 2016 at 01:40, Frank Hein <frank.hein_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> When I bjam --enable-index in the spirit doc folder, everything works so far
> that a spirit2.boostbook
>
> file will be produced residing in bin.v2/( ... lots of toolset and platform
> stuff ... )/spirit2.boostbook.
>
> The last step, producing html files from the boostbook does not get done. I
> believe, I am missing
>
> something here.

It's a bit hard to say without seeing errors etc. What platform are
you using, have you installed docbook, and how?

If you've installed docbok and there's no error then my guess would be
that you should edit the Spirit jamfile, change the lines that
currently say:

import boostbook ;
import quickbook ;

to:

using boostbook ;
using quickbook ;

Which is probably what it should be.

> Please help. I would appreciate to create the documentation
> "the boost way to do it".
>
> This question is all about boost.spirit documentation, which seems not to be
> included in the general
>
> doc build of boost libraries. It's not a general "how to use docbook"
> question.

There's a glob in the main documentation jamfile which picks up
anything in a 'libs/*/doc' directory, which is how it gets built.