From: Mateusz Loskot (mateusz_at_[hidden])
Date: 2020-05-25 07:31:47

Debabrata,

My apologies for the delay, it's the COVID situation making my
schedule tight lately.

On Sat, 23 May 2020 at 21:31, Debabrata Mandal
<mandaldebabrata123_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> Hello, I have finalized the plan for the first month:
> 1. Complete implementation of 1D histogram supporting suitable STL
> containers. Provide integration for Boost.Histogram support.
> 2. Add histogram utilities functions like normalization, cumulative
> histogram, mean, sum etc.
> 3. Add Histogram equalization and add tests, documentation for it.
> 4. Add implementation of 2D histograms supporting nested STL containers.
> 5. Add histogram back projection algorithm and add tests and documentation.

The plan looks good to me.

> Also,
> I have added some implementation details in the latest commit :-
> https://github.com/codejaeger/gil/commit/650b8a2058f8025eb45dbbd2abf589afd9b39ec1

Generally, it's looking good, but for detailed review
I'd prefer if there is a first PR, whenever you are ready.

> I will open PR for each feature as I keep completing them.
> For now, could some feedback be given (by mentors) if any changes are
> needed?

imgHist - please don't use CamelCase names, but prefer Boost and
C++ standard library naming, lower_case_name.
I think the name `histogram(...)` is a better name.

I'm also not convinced about the parameter bool accumulate.
Instead, I'd consider controlling normal (ordinary) and cumulative
modes via an enum.
Alternative could be two functions: histogram and cumulative_histogram.

As per the 1st point of your plan, I'd suggest to focus on file
include/boost/gil/histogram.hpp
and implementation of the histogram function:
- Add implementation
- Add tests
As soon as things compile, tests run, submit PR for review.

Best regards,

Boost list run by Boost-Gil-Owners