From: Mateusz Loskot (mateusz_at_[hidden])
Date: 2020-05-25 09:59:55

On Mon, 25 May 2020 at 11:11, Debabrata Mandal
<mandaldebabrata123_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> > I'm also not convinced about the parameter bool accumulate.
> > Instead, I'd consider controlling normal (ordinary) and cumulative
> > modes via an enum.
> > Alternative could be two functions: histogram and cumulative_histogram.
>
> A slight clarification, accumulate is not for cumulative histogram, it is
> to clarify whether we should clear the container or not. It does complicate
> the idea so I will drop it for now.

I see.

The idea of merging histogram into existing one is not a bad idea,
but this could be expressed as follows (pseudo-code

// does not clear the container, so may accumulates into existing container
void histogram(container, view);

// always returns newly created container, never accumulates
container histogram(view);

> I am adding cumulative histogram separately also.

OK

Best regards,

Boost list run by Boost-Gil-Owners