From: Mateusz Loskot (mateusz_at_[hidden])
Date: 2020-06-04 16:31:24

On Sun, 31 May 2020 at 10:52, Pranam Lashkari <plashkari628_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> According to me, we should have our own container for the histogram. This
> does not have to be much complicated or advanced as we are going to use
> standard containers. I think we can use an implementation like we have for
> the kernel.

Can you drop what prototypes you have in mind?

template <typename T, typename Allocator = std::allocator<T> >
class histogram : public detail::histogram_adaptor<std::vector<T, Allocator>>

template <typename T, std::size_t Size>
class histogram_fixed : public detail::histogram_adaptor<std::array<T, 256>

Anything else or different?

> This will also solve most of the problems mentioned in the PR
> and we'll have less complex code to maintain with a simpler interface.

Less code and simpler interfaces is a very important trait of solution indeed.

Best regards,

Boost list run by Boost-Gil-Owners