Boost logo

Boost-MPI :

Subject: Re: [Boost-mpi] [EXTERNAL] master vs develop
From: Belcourt, Kenneth (kbelco_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-11-19 00:11:11

Hi Alain,

On Nov 18, 2014, at 3:48 AM, Alain Miniussi <alain.miniussi_at_oca.eu> wrote:

> I have a question regarding:
> https://github.com/boostorg/mpi/compare/master...develop
> I guess that all the commit, specially the pull requests, listed are those that made their way to develop but not to master.
> What is the protocol/usage for having the stuff on the develop branch merge onto the master branch ?

Generally I’ve been waiting for testing to cycle for a while before merging changes to master.

> I guess the stuff on develop is already considered as being validated in some way, so what is needed for the next step ? does some testing report need to be produced ? on a specific set of platform ?

Since very few people test Boost MPI on develop or master, I try to be very cautious with commits to develop and merges to master. It’s kinda easy to break things and, given the scarcity of MPI and Graph Parallel testers, I prefer to test the PR’s, develop and master branches on internal resources to ensure I don’t hit any problems before I push them to github.

Are you familiar with the Boost testing pages? Can you contribute any testing resouces to specifically test MPI and Graph Parallel?

> Also, does everything that is in master supposed to go automagically in the next release ?

Generally yes, everything in master goes into the release, that’s why we’re careful about what ends up in master.

— Noel

Boost-Commit list run by troyer at boostpro.com