Boost logo

Boost Testing :

From: Aleksey Gurtovoy (agurtovoy_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-05-19 08:55:59

John Maddock writes:
>>> If you would like to clear up the record and give these a fresh start
>>> (that is, turn them yellow), you could do that by locating and
>>> deleting the corresponding entries from
>>> http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/boost/boost/libs/expected_results.xml.
>>
>> I never realised that file existed: thanks for the heads up, I will
>> delete those entries.
>
> Two questions:
>
> 1) Against which schema do I validate that file
> (status/explicit-failures.xsd) ?

In theory, "/tools/regression/xsl_reports/test_results.xsd", but
I'm afraid in our race to improve performance a few last changes
made the file format weren't reflected in the scheme. I've put it
on the issues page
(http://www.crystalclearsoftware.com/cgi-bin/boost_wiki/wiki.pl?Boost.Testing),
but meanwhile, as long as you are only deleting things without
modifying the XML's structure, we should be safe.

> 2) The file libs/expected_results.xml is 1.7Mb, and almost all on one
> line. I've already crashed one editor, and ground another to a halt
> trying to edit it... any objections to an programmatic reformat of the
> file?

As long as you do it in two steps (reformat and check in, then
make the desired changes and check in again), please be our guest.

--
Aleksey Gurtovoy
MetaCommunications Engineering

Boost-testing list run by mbergal at meta-comm.com