Boost logo

Boost Testing :

From: Markus Schöpflin (markus.schoepflin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-06-14 09:12:10

David Abrahams wrote:

> Markus Schöpflin <markus.schoepflin_at_[hidden]> writes:

>> BTW, do we have something like platform maintainers? If not, do we
>> need it? Maybe the more exotic platforms (SunOS, IBM, Tru64, ...) will
>> benefit from something in this direction? Thoughts?

> What would a platform maintainer do? Post patches?

Basically what I'm currently doing for Tru64. Run the regression tests if
possible, and try to fix platform specific failures, either by posting
patches (for bigger changes), or by silently committing small fixes, or by
nudging the library author to have a look at it. And ideally pester the
compiler vendor with bug reports.

> If you have a vision for how this would work, I encourage you to start
> a platform maintainers' program. You could be, maybe, the
> "maintenance wizard."

What do you have in mind with such a program? And what would be a
maintenace wizard's job? Keep track of the platform maintainers?

Markus

Boost-testing list run by mbergal at meta-comm.com