Boost logo

Boost Testing :

From: Martin Wille (mw8329_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-06-14 09:53:01

Markus Schöpflin wrote:
> David Abrahams wrote:
[...]
>>What would a platform maintainer do? Post patches?
>

> Basically what I'm currently doing for Tru64. Run the regression tests if
> possible, and try to fix platform specific failures, either by posting
> patches (for bigger changes), or by silently committing small fixes, or by
> nudging the library author to have a look at it. And ideally pester the
> compiler vendor with bug reports.

My understanding is that this is what the people who run the tests do
for problems that can get fixed rather trivially. Bigger problems
usually are being dealt with by the respective library maintainers.

What we need is that library maintainers get notified automatically when
something breaks. However, this is already work in progress (The "boost
regression notification" emails already seem to help. I suggest we add
the respective date to their topics).

Regards,

Boost-testing list run by mbergal at meta-comm.com