Boost logo

Boost Testing :

From: Markus Schöpflin (markus.schoepflin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-07-18 02:53:51

Robert Ramey wrote:

> Well, for now, I would be happy to add the necessary switches to the
> serialization test Jamfile and then add a note to the documentation.

The problem is, I have no idea how to do this right with boost.build short
of adding explicit support for this in the build system.

Currently, -timplicit_local gets added by the toolset whenever a C++
program file is compiled. You would have to _remove_ this option from the
compiler command line and I don't think that is possible.

> I am puzzled by one thing. I was under theimpression you had a TRU64 system
> at your disposal and were using it to track down this problem. Is there a
> reason you want to wait for another round of tests before adding the magic
> switch to to the serialization test Jamfile?

Two reasons: As outlined above it's not a question about adding a specific
command line switch but about removing one. And secondly, I was hoping that
it would work anyway because of your usage pattern of the statics. And as
the latest tests results show, only the variant tests are failing now, and
this is because variant is broken with this compiler in strict_ansi mode.

Markus

Boost-testing list run by mbergal at meta-comm.com