Boost logo

Boost Testing :

From: Vladimir Prus (ghost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-02-28 10:35:17

Caleb Epstein wrote:

> I sent a similar message on another thread, but I'm concerned it has
> gotten lost.
>
> My regression.py runs using BBv2 on Solaris are failing a large number of
> tests due to an invalid command line option being passed to the linker.
> The problem is that "-Wl,-rpath-link" isn't valid for the Solaris linker
> (see * http://tinyurl.com/jeecl*).
>
> There seems to be some logic in v2/tools/gcc.jam to handle this (see "case
> sun" in init-link-flags) but later the "actions link bind" explicitly uses
> -Wl,-rpath-link which I believe is the problem.

In theory, for Sun the RPATH_LINK variable should be empty, so the whole:

   -Wl,-rpath-link$(SPACE)-Wl,"$(RPATH_LINK)"

thingy should disappear completely.

> I don't know enough bjam magick to know how to fix this, sorry.

The problem is that V2 has no idea if you're using GNU linker, or a sun
linker, so it needs a bit of help.

Try changing the "using" invocation to this:

      using gcc
           : # whatever version you have now, or none
           : <linker-type>sun
           ;

To double-check, you can add

   ECHO $(linker) ;

right in the beginning of the 'init-link-flags' rule.

- Volodya

Boost-testing list run by mbergal at meta-comm.com