Boost logo

Boost Testing :

From: Roland Schwarz (roland.schwarz_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-01-14 13:47:24

John Maddock wrote:
> I *think* this is the typid problem you helped me track down, but the tests
> haven't been run on that machine since 2nd Jan, so I can't be sure (there
> was a delay in my fixing this - I didn't catch all the typeid usages first
> time around).

Hmm, I just tried to run the test for borland-5.8.2 too.
It is failing badly (access violations with manual confirmation dialog
box). This also appears from regression.py .

The results in the status pages gives very surprising results in this
case: unexpectedly passing!

What I found out from trying from within the IDE is, that there are some
exceptions (which are not seen when run from the command line) before
the crash. It is triggered from the file cpp_regex_traits.hpp:

       // Borland's STLPort version returns a NULL-terminated
       // string that has garbage at the end - each call to
       // std::collate<wchar_t>::transform returns a different string!
       // So as a workaround, we'll truncate the string at the first NULL
       // which _seems_ to work....
#if BOOST_WORKAROUND(__BORLANDC__, < 0x600)
       result.erase(result.find(charT(0)));
#else

from result.erase
The exception thrown is std::out_of_range .

You have marked this as a linker problem?

Roland

Boost-testing list run by mbergal at meta-comm.com