Boost logo

Boost Testing :

From: John Maddock (john_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-02-14 11:43:07

Roland Schwarz wrote:
> Aleksey Gurtovoy wrote:
>> Okay, finally (generated from test data):
>> http://engineering.meta-comm.com/boost/new/developer/index.html
>>
>> Feedback is most welcome!
>
> The design is visually appealing!
> Congratualtions.
>
> Al though it is not so easy to test usability with test data I made
> the following observations:
>
> 1) I needed some time to understand the interdependence of the top bar
> buttons. Perhaps it would be better to have a two row design, with
> the "User View / Developer View" radio buttons in the top row. But
> I am not sure if this really would be better, listening what others
> say...

I got a bit confused by this as well, there are two lists we can
independently select from right? Possibly drop-down menus would work best,
but it's more work :-(

> 2) The top frames warning text is partly hidden by the lower frame.

I see this too, what is the point of the

"Warning: Warning text 1
Warning: Warning text 2 "

text BTW?

> Would it be possible to set up a test against the current data to get
> a better idea of usability?

Excellent idea.

While we're at it, there's one important feature missing: the ability to see
compiler warnings, at present these are pretty much getting ignored which is
not good :-(

Many thanks for the work you've put into this!

John.

Boost-testing list run by mbergal at meta-comm.com