Boost logo

Boost Testing :

From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-03-25 09:28:09

on Sat Mar 24 2007, Martin Wille <mw8329-AT-yahoo.com.au> wrote:

> David Abrahams wrote:
>
>> on Sat Mar 24 2007, Martin Wille <mw8329-AT-yahoo.com.au> wrote:
>>
>>> o communication problems (e.g. Volodya had posted a message about
>>> problems in how regression.py passes toolset names to Boost.Build.
>>> Apparently, Dave didn't know about that a couple of weeks later)
>>
>> Regardless, I am not the maintainer of regression.py, so what
>> difference would knowing earlier make?
>
> Apparently, there were different ideas of how bjam should get invoked in
> order to specify the toolsets, regardless of regression.py.
>
> I actually still don't know whether
>
> bjam --toolset=toolset,toolset
>
> or
>
> bjam toolset,toolset
>
> is the "right" way, or if both are equally ok.

   bjam --toolset=toolset1,toolset2
   bjam toolset=toolset1,toolset2
   bjam toolset=toolset1 toolset=toolset2

Any of the above is supposed to work even if these toolsets are not
configured in your xxx-config.jam

   bjam toolset1 toolset2

is supposed to work as long as toolset1 and toolset2 are configured in
xxx-config.jam, by dint of <toolset> being an implicit feature.

--
Dave Abrahams
Boost Consulting

Boost-testing list run by mbergal at meta-comm.com