Boost logo

Boost Testing :

From: Roland Schwarz (roland.schwarz_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-03-25 09:41:12

David Abrahams wrote:
> on Sat Mar 24 2007, Martin Wille <mw8329-AT-yahoo.com.au> wrote:
>> I actually still don't know whether
>>
>> bjam --toolset=toolset,toolset
>>
>> or
>>
>> bjam toolset,toolset
>>
>> is the "right" way, or if both are equally ok.
>
> bjam --toolset=toolset1,toolset2
> bjam toolset=toolset1,toolset2
> bjam toolset=toolset1 toolset=toolset2
>
> Any of the above is supposed to work even if these toolsets are not
> configured in your xxx-config.jam
>
> bjam toolset1 toolset2
>
> is supposed to work as long as toolset1 and toolset2 are configured in
> xxx-config.jam, by dint of <toolset> being an implicit feature.

Just want to remind, that in fact there is a huge difference between the
both methods with respect to handling (stripping off) version numbers.

The [--]toolset= approach may auto register a wrong (unintended) version
instead of using the one configured in user-config.jam.

I already reported this, but I am not sure if this already has been fixed.

Roland

Boost-testing list run by mbergal at meta-comm.com