Boost logo

Boost Testing :

From: Joaquin M Lopez Munoz (joaquin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-07-03 12:00:02

David Abrahams <dave <at> boost-consulting.com> writes:

> on Tue Jul 03 2007, Joaquin M Lopez Munoz <joaquin-AT-tid.es> wrote:
> > What can we do then? It's not possible to mark the thing as
> > expected failure unless we mark every possible test in that way,
> > since the problem pops up anywhere --I've seen it at no less
> > than ten different spots one time or another.
>
> Hmm, that definitely changes things. Can you offer more detail?

Not much, really. I've seen it appear and go at random places
in MSVC 8.0 regression testers for more than a year if my memory
serves me well. Some evidence suggests that the problem does not
appear for usual IDE settings (see http://tinyurl.com/2fgwqf ).
A search on support.microsoft.com yields the following articles:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/920837/en-us
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/826326/en-us
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/888327/en-us
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/139477/en-us

none of which apply directly to MSVC++ 8.0. Some of the articles
are related to incremental linking --whether this feature could
also be the culprit here I don't know. Some further evidence
pointing to incremental linking here: http://tinyurl.com/3259pu .

I'm sorry I can't give more helpful info,

Joaquín M López Muñoz
Telefónica, Investigación y Desarrollo

Boost-testing list run by mbergal at meta-comm.com