Boost logo

Boost Testing :

From: Boris Gubenko (Boris.Gubenko_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-08-16 15:40:55

Roland Schwarz wrote:

> FWIW: The variable is: BOOST_USER_CONFIG and has same meaning than the
> --user-config switch

Yes, BOOST_USER_CONFIG works. Thanks for the info!

> What puzzles me is the stated behaviour that Boost.Build took up
> user-config.jam
> from the current working directory. This can't be true as far as
> I understand.
> The only exception I could think of is when BOOST_BUILD_PATH happens
> to contain
> a path to the current directory, i.e. where bjam is being invoked from.

It was (and still is) exactly the case in my environment:

        export BOOST_BUILD_PATH=`pwd`

and it used to work before the change in bjam Rene pointed out to.
By "used to work" I mean bjam would use user-config.jam in the current
working directory.

> But: In either case: --user-config= will always work. So this is the
> safest bet.

Unfortunately, as I said in the previous mail, on setup phase, when building
process_jam_log, regression.py does not pass bjam-options to bjam. Here is my
regression.py command:

python regression.py setup --toolsets=acc \
       --bjam-options="--user-config=$BOOST_BUILD_PATH/user-config.jam"

and here is how bjam is invoked:

# Building "process_jam_log"
("/hpadl881/boost/HEAD/regression/boost/tools/jam/src/bin.hpux/bjam" --v2
"-sBOOST_BUILD_PATH=/hpadl881
/boost/HEAD/regression" "-sBOOST_ROOT=/hpadl881/boost/HEAD/regression/boost"
acc)...

Thanks,
  Boris

Boost-testing list run by mbergal at meta-comm.com